Sunday, April 22, 2012

Reflection of Presentation


My topic of the presentation is how Ellen DeGeneres challenges the stereotypes of gay people in media. I introduced Ellen DeGeneres about her life stories and how she suffered and become successful. Many people discriminate homosexual people and think that women cannot be successful on TV. However, she broke the stereotype that how people think about women and homosexual. First of all, she is the first female comedian that went on the Johnny Carson show. Secondly, she is one of few hosts that announced their sexual preference in the public. Finally, I talked about some philanthropy that she has done. Unlike other people, she cares about people whom living in pain. I think she is the model of modern women.

I think this presentation was okay. I could do better, because I printed out the notes for the speech, but I forgot to take it to the class. Ellen DeGeneres has always been my favorite host since I came to the states. Although I know she is Lesbian, it does not affect her position in my heart. I was really touched when I read her biography. It was a bit hard to find resource to connect with Ellen DeGeneres and the stereotypes. However, I learned a lot from this presentation and I was inspired by her. For example, I used to think all the women are look like what the media has been talking about, they are beautiful long blonde hair, dependent. But now i know women could have their own dream too, they can be independent and successful as well. Just like a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment